Pandemonium erupted yesterday in Oshodi area of Lagos, when fire broke out at the headquarters of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA).
LASTMA Assistant Director, Public Affairs, Filade Olumide said that the fire emanated from a faulty air conditioner on the second floor of the building.
Olumide in a statement clarified further, “There was a minor fire incident at the LASTMA Headquarters today, September 22, 2020.
“Immediately the fire was noticed on the air conditioner, the headquarters staff following the past fire drill training put out the fire.
“The Fire Service was immediately summoned through a telephone call. The Lagos State Fire Service promptly responded to the call, put out the fire which was still slightly burning from the air conditioner, and ensured that the fire did not spread inside the office it occurred or the whole building.”