The death toll from Boko Haram attack on the convoy of Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, has risen to 30, security sources said Saturday.
Sources told AFP the number of fatalities from the attack Friday had doubled as more bodies were being discovered.
They claimed that bodies identified so far included 12 policemen, five soldiers, four members of a government-backed militia, and nine civilians.
“The tally has increased to 30 as many bodies were picked in the surrounding areas after the attack,” one of the sources said, adding that “many people were injured”.
The PARROT reported that an ambush on the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, on Friday left no fewer than 15 persons dead.
The governor’s convoy was said to have been attacked between Monguno and Baga areas of the state.
The governor was said to have left Maiduguri with a retinue of armed soldiers, police officers and Civilian-JTF personnel.
Friday’s incident is the second attack on the governor’s convoy in recent times around Baga.